Why ‘Your’ Registration Matters. What are the benefits?
While our primary purpose is to protect the public there are benefits to being part of a regulated and registered workforce.
– Being part of a registered and regulated workforce means you can demonstrate with confidence and pride that you have the skills and knowledge to practise safely, effectively and that you are committed to the delivery of the highest standards of care to people using services.
– You are helping raise standards. You are accountable and adhere daily to the Standards of Conduct and Practice set out and regulated by the Social Care Council.
– The public, people using services and their carers are clear on the standards and behaviours they expect from you and have confidence knowing you are a Social Care Council registrant.
– You benefit from Continuous Learning and Development (CPD) and access to a range of free expert led resources on our Learning Zone and free attendance at our Lunchtime Seminars.
– As a Social Work registrant, you have access to our Professional in Practice Framework which recognises all learning both formal and informal. This also means you can use your Continuous Learning and Development (CPD) to work towards a range of professional awards.
– As a Social Care registrant you have access to a range of free, expertly developed resources on our Learning Zone which are available at anytime to support your Continuous Learning and Development (CPD). Additionally you can benefit from free attendance at our practice engagements events.
– You have the opportunity to shape our work. As a registrant you can help inform the way we regulate, engage and shape our business by responding to consultations, surveys, joining our partnerships and committees, becoming an ambassador or simply letting us know your thoughts.
– We support you to meet our standards. Our standards are now online in a responsive, print-friendly and easy read format so you can access them from anywhere.
– We keep you updated on latest news, opportunities and changes to our business through a range of digital platforms and also through face to face engagement events online and in your workplace.
– We have made it easier for you to register, renew and pay your fee on our new portal. We listened to your feedback which has helped us to create a better user experience for you.
– We help you promote your registration. Actively promoting your Social Care Council registration allows you to demonstrate that you meet standards. Download your digital registration icon (social work, social care and social work student) and add to your email signature or social media profile to promote you are registered and to champion your role or profession.